Tuesday, March 18, 2008

2008 Topps Heritage Box Break, part 3

DISCLAIMER: This is probably the best three-pack run of the whole box. That's not to say that there aren't other good individual packs to come, it's just the following represents what I would consider the three best consecutively-opened packs of the whole shebang. Take it away, Jackie Wilson!


Box Break 3 from Rich Borosky on Vimeo.



So there you go. That last pack was just unbelievably exciting for me. A Josh Barfield, an Indians multi-player card (and by now you know how much I like those multis) and that Chipper Jones chrome card that looks really nice. It's such a classic pose, as is the card of Braves team-mate Jeff Francoeur.

Speaking of classic poses, what is up Ted Lilly? That card could have come straight out of the original '59 set.

Speaking of Cubs players, Ernie Banks game-used... seat? Oh well, it's still a pretty cool card.

Some more random thoughts:

I just love the colors of that Asdrubal Cabrera card. I'd like it even if I weren't a fan of the Indians.

The Lance Berkman card also looks great with that red border. Hanley Ramirez too.

I really, really dislike the Yankees, but A-Rod looks like a superhero on his card.

Here's a question I honestly don't know the answer to. Do any cards in the '08 set sport the exact same team logo as the '59 set? I'm having a hard time thinking of any team whose logo hasn't changed even a little in the last fifty years, so the answer very well may be zero.

Back for more very soon!

No comments: