Friday, April 11, 2008

2008 Topps Heritage Box Break 7

Packs 19-21, accompanied by the exciting vocal stylings of The Marcels!


2008 Topps Heritage Box Break 7 from Rich Borosky on Vimeo.

Well, after getting burned-out on Heritage much like everyone else did, I walked into Target this weekend and saw some blaster boxes of this stuff for the first time and WHAMMO! Right back into it. I didn't really pull anything great from that blaster. In fact, the one Indian I pulled that I actually needed was OTM. Still, it was enough to remind me I hadn't finished posting the results of my hobby box break so here we are.

I like the two Minnie Minoso inserts a whole lot since they shine a spotlight on his Cleveland days.

I'd totally forgotten I had that Joba card too. I saw it on A Pack A Day and thought "Even though I hate the Yankees, that's still a cool looking card." I actually almost bought it for 60 cents at a card show I went to this past weekend (more on that in an upcoming post) and now I'm glad I didn't.

That photo on the Carlos Guillen All-Star card was clearly taken on the same day as the photo on the Jeremy Bonderman card from "Heritage Break 6" when the two of them got lost in the Hundred-Acre Woods on their way to the game.

I like that Jason Marquis card: "What? Me? A picutre? For my own baseball card? Wowee!"

Then there are the cards I like just because they are well-composed: Justin Morneau, Jack Wilson, Mark Teahen. What do these cards have in common? They look like baseball cards! No jungles or mountains or portait-studio backdrops anywhere, just stadiums, outfield walls, rows of empty seats.

Three more packs to go, then my only excuse for not picking up another hobby box of these will be, well, money.

2 comments:

Dinged Corners said...

We like this video style for a box break, coupled with the text commentary. Sometimes we only want to see the cards, rather than the people who bought the box, and this works really well!

Rich said...

Yeah, plus I really think my voice is ultra-dorky, so I won't be appearing live on camera as myself anytime soon.